- Anandi Gopal Joshi is referred as the first lady doctor of India.
- First graduate in medicine: Surjo Kumar Chakraborty
First rhinoplasty noted in the world/India: Over Ksatji, a British soldier by a Kumhar Vaidya
- First physician in India and second in the world to perform the In vitro fertilization: Subhash Mukhopadhyay.
- First in India to receive a fellowship of the International Federation for Emergency Medicine – Dr. K. Hari Prasad
- First Indian to be appointed as the deputy director general of programmes (DDP) of the World Health Organization (WHO): Dr. Soumya Swaminathan