1. Which one is the world’s largest and most diverse continent?
Asia ; It covers one-third of earth’s surface. Asia is most populous continent.
2. Where does Asia located?
in the northern and eastern hemispheres.
3. What percentage of current human population does Asia hosts?
Asia hosts sixty percent (60%) of world’s current population.
4. What is Eurasia?
the combined continental landmass of Europe and Asia.
5. How much of the Earth’s total surface area does Asia Covers?
Asia covers 8.8% of the Earth’s total surface area.
6. Which continent has the largest coastline?
7. Asia is bounded on the east by which Ocean?
the Pacific Ocean.
8. Asia is bounded on the south by which Ocean?
the Indian Ocean.
9. Asia is bounded on the north by which Ocean?
the Arctic Ocean.
10. Asia is subdivided into how many countries?
11. How many of them are having part of their land in Europe?
two, Russia and Turkey.
12. Where is The Gobi Desert located?
13. Which is the longest river in Asian continent?
the Yangtze River in China.
14. Which is the tallest mountain range in the world?
15. Where Are the Himalaya Mountains Located?
between Nepal and China.
16. Which Asian countries are facing extreme risk from climate change?
Bangladesh, India,Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Thailand andVietnam.
17. Which continent has the second largest nominal GDP of all continents?
18. Name the largest economies in Asia:
China, Japan, India, Indonesia and South Korea.
19. How many main financial centers does Asia have?
four; Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore.
20. How many languages are spoken in India?
more than 800.
21. How many languages are spoken in Indonesia?
more than 600.
22. How many languages are spoken in Philippines?
more than 100.
23. Who is the first Asian Nobel laureate?
24. Who is the first Asian to get a Nobel prize in Science?
Sir C. V. Raman.
25. Name 2 women Nobel laureate in Asia who won Nobel prize for their significant efforts for democracy and human rights:
Mother Teresa of India & Shirin Ebadi of Iran.
26. Who is the first Muslim woman to receive Nobel prize?
27. What is APEC?
Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation.
28. When was the first APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting occurred?
29. How many members do APEC have?
21 Pacific Rim member economies.
30. What is Pacific Rim?
The Pacific Rim are the lands around the rim of the Pacific Ocean.
31. What does ‘ASEAN’ means?
Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
32. When was ASEAN formed?
8 August 1967.
33. What is SEA Write Award?
The S.E.A. Write Award is a literary award given to Southeast Asian poets and writers.
34. What is ASAIHL?
Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning.
35. How many people are in Asia?
36. which is the most populated country in Asia?
China [1.351 billion (2012)]
37. which is the second most populated country in Asia?
India [1.237 billion (2012)]
38. which is the third most populated country in Asia?
Indonesia [246.9 million (2012)]
39. which is the fourth most populated country in Asia?
Pakistan [179.2 million (2012)]
40. which is the fifth most populated country in Asia?
Bangladesh [154.7 million (2012)]
41. Which is the largest city in Asia by population?
42. Which is the largest city in Asia by area?
43. How many people are in Tokyo?
13.23 million (Apr 1, 2013)
44. What is SAARC?
South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation.
45. How many nations are member of SAARC?
8; they are: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan,Maldives, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan.
46. What is SAFTA?
South Asian Free Trade Area.
47. What is ICAPP?
International Conference of Asian Political Parties.
48. Which is the largest enclosed inland body of water on Earth by area?
The Caspian Sea.
49. Which country is considered as the largest Economy in Asia?
50. Which is the longest bridges in Asia?
Danyang–Kunshan Grand Bridge, China.
51. Which is the tallest building in Asia?
Burj Khalifa, Dubai.
52. The longest Asian rivers is —
Yangtze River, China.
53. The largest shopping mall in Asia is –
New South China Mall, China.
54. The largest stadium in Asia by capacity:
Rungnado May Day Stadium, China.
55. What are the mostly spoken languages in Asia?
Mandarin, Chinese, Hindi, Arabic, Malay, Bengali, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean, Cantonese, Chinese, Wei Chinese, Thai, English.