1. Green leafy vegetables prevent brain deterioration.
Remember Popeye gulping spinach cans one after another? Looks like he knew the secret. Having green leafy vegies like spinach, lettuce, radish leaves on daily basis protects your brain from damage or stress.
2. Avocado improves the average memory.
Avocados are often confused with being unhealthy due to its high fat content, whereas in reality they are rich in ‘monosaturated fats’. These fats keep the blood sugar level of our body at healthy levels and enhances our mental ability.
3. Beet root beats memory retention problems.
Beet roots are natural cleansers of the body. They clean your blood, protect your body from inflammation and most importantly they charge the brain with a good blood circulation making it strong.
4. Bone broth improves your thinking capability.
Bone broth is the ultimate food. It has uncountable benefits and is the most natural thing you can think of. Made by simmering or boiling an animals bone in water, it works wonders on your brain and protects your immune system too.
5. Broccoli helps improve memory and sharp thinking.
Now we know why our mothers were always so adamant on making us eat all the greens. Broccoli is a store house for vitamin K and choline which keeps the memory sharp and thinking capability quick.
6. Dark chocolate enhances your concentration power.
Dark chocolate contains flavanols which help in lowering blood pressure and keeps you calm under stress. This helps you to focus more.
7. Egg yolk helps in development of brain.
Yes, you read that right. Egg yolk is one of the major food component that helps in development of the brain of a growing child and even fetal brain development of an unborn.
8. Whole grains give your brain energy to work.
Like all other body parts even our brain needs energy to work. This energy is provided in the form of glucose by the intake of wholegrains.
9. Oily fish promotes smooth functioning of brain.
There are certain fatty acids that our body is unable to produce, one such essential fatty acid is omega-3 which is found in fish. Omega-3 triggers the functioning of the brain in a smooth manner.
10. Tomatoes prevent brain cells from damage.
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, an antioxidant which protects the cells of brain and nullifies the chances of developing Alzheimer’sduring old age.
11. Pumpkin seeds help in overcoming mood swings.
Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc in comparison to other seeds, they help in fighting stress for the brain due to its high magnesium content.
12. Blackcurrant helps in reducing anxiety.
Blackcurrants are a powerhouse of Vitamin C which is a stress buster. It keeps your brain free from anxiety and lowers the chances of developing memory loss issues during old age.
13. Nuts provide immunity to the brain.
Remember how it was a daily routine to have almonds before leaving for school? Studies say nuts are rich source of Vitamin E which help our brain to retain more than normal and works positively on the memory loss problems.
14. Turmeric helps improve your brain’s oxygen intake.
Turmeric is the most common and easily found spice in an Indian household. It works as an antioxidant and protects your brain from inflammation.
15. Blueberries give good concentration power.
Blueberries or any fruits with red and purple pigmentation are rich in anthocyanins which help the brain focus more.
16. Rosemary oil prevents brain from neurodegeneration.
Carnosic acid, one of the important ingredients in rosemary oil protects the brain from degeneration by shielding it from the harmful electromagnetic waves.
17. Sage leaves help you memorize easily.
Adding fresh sage or consuming sage oil as a part of your diet helps your brain to memorize easily. It works as an antioxidant for the body.