- “He who is overly attached to his family members experiences fear and sorrow, for the root of all grief is attachment. Thus one should discard attachment to be happy.”
2. “The biggest guru mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.”
3. “Once a man’ ambition is kindled, nothing can stop him. For a businessman, no country can be too far. For a wise man, there is no such thing as a foreign land. He is at home wherever he goes.”
4. “Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.”
5. “God dwells not in the wooden, or stone or earthen idols. His abode is in our feeling, our thoughts. It is only through the feeling that we deem God existing in these idols.”
6. “He who befriends a man whose conduct is vicious whose vision impure, and who is notoriously crooked, is rapidly ruined.”
7. “Test a servant while in the discharge of his duty, a relative difficulty, a friend in adversity, and a wife is misfortune.’
8. “A man is great by deeds, not by birth.”
9. “A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
10. “Once you start working on something don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it . People who work sincerely are the happiest.”
11. “Just as a mirror reflects as a mans face his personality is reflected in his choice of friends. One must always be careful in forming friendships and acquaintances, for one’s friends, are in a way, an extension of one’s inner inclinations and tendencies.
12. “There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a better truth.”
13. “There is no austerity equal to a balanced mind, and there is no happiness equal to contentment; there is no disease like covetousness, and no virtue like mercy.”
14. “Learn from the mistakes of others…you can’t live long enough to make them all yourselves.”
15. “As a single withered tree, if set aflame, causes a whole forest to burn, so does a rascal son destroy a whole family.”