The Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA) being initiated under Digital India Programme would cover 6crore households in rural areas to make them digitally literate.
As the technology is growing faster so making at-least one person in every family digitally literate is one of the integral components of the Prime Minister’s vision of “Digital India”.
Earlier, the Government had implemented the National Digital Literacy Mission or the Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (DISHA) or National Digital Literacy Mission (NDLM) to impart IT training to 52.5 lakh persons, including Anganwadi and ASHA workers and authorised ration dealers in all the States/UTs across the country so that the non-IT literate citizens are trained to become IT literate so as to enable them to actively and effectively participate in the democratic and developmental process and also enhance their livelihood.
Digital Literacy is the ability of individuals and communities to understand and use digital technologies for meaningful actions within life situations.
Digitally literate persons would be able to operate computers/digital access devices (like tablets, smart phones, etc.), send and receive emails, browse internet, access Government Services, search for information, digital payments, internet / mobile banking, etc.
Hence use IT to actively participate in the process of nation building.
To check the state-wise goals, click here.
Eligibility age between 14 to 60 years old any interested rural household digitally illiterate person can enrol the course.
Durations: The duration of the training program is for 20 hours which has to be completed in a minimum of 10 days and maximum of 30 days.
Medium of Instructions: Official Languages of India.
Fee Structure: No fee has been taken from the candidates.
course benefits candidates:
· Can understand the basics of digital devices.
· Can easily operate the digital devices for accessing, creating, managing and sharing information.
· Can make the use of the Internet to browse.
· Can understand the role of digital technology in everyday life, in social life and at work life.
· Can adopt the carry out cashless transactions. (USSD/UPI/eWallet/PoS)
· Can Use online citizen centric services. (Passport, Pan card, Insurance, Electricity / Telephone bill payment, Mobile recharges, IRCTC (Railway) Reservation, UIDAI Services and etc.)
I hope the above shared information’s are May or may not be useful to you,
At-least share, it may useful to someone else.
The above information reference is taken from PMGDISHAthe officially website and it has many more information so visit to PMGDISHAunderstand the scheme.