What is e-Aadhaar?
e-Aadhaar is a password protected electronic copy of Aadhaar, which is digitally signed by the competent Authority of UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
How can Resident download e-Aadhaar?
It is very easy process to download UIDAI e-Aadhaar card online. You can download e-Aadhaar card by following two ways.
· Using Enrollment Number: Resident can download e-Aadhaar using 28 digit enrolment no. along with Full Name and Pin code. In this download process OTP is received on registered mobile no. Resident can also use TOTP to download e-Aadhaar instead of OTP. TOTP can generated using mAadhaar mobile Application.
· Using Aadhaar No: Resident can download e-Aadhaar by using 12 digits Aadhaar No. along with Full Name and Pin code. In this download process OTP is received on registered mobile no. Resident can also use TOTP to download e-Aadhaar instead of OTP. TOTP can generated using mAadhaar mobile Application.
· It is a one-time temporary password (OTP), which is generated by an algorithm and valid only for 30 seconds. Because of this time variable characteristic, it is called TOTP.
· TOTP is 8 digit long numeric string.
· TOTP is personal to the resident and is uniquely generated every 30 seconds for each resident separately.
· With time-based OTP, the TOTP validation server and token generation app (like mAadhaar) use their respective system times to generate OTPs. The TOTP algorithm assumes that the system times are synchronized.
To get e-Aadhaarcard: Click here visit the official website.
The downloaded PDF file will be password protected
The password of your e-Aadhaar card consists of 8 characters.
One can view downloaded Aadhar card by entering correct password. the password
consists of 8 characters.
the first four characters are the first four letters of your name in capital letters and the
last four characters are the digits of your year of birth.
As per Aadhaar Act, e-Aadhaar is equally valid like Physical Copy of Aadhaar for all purposes. For UIDAI circular on validity of e Aadhaar, please visit.