1.CONVENTIONAL(ADJECTIVE): (पारंपरिक): normal
Synonyms: standard, regular
A conventional morality had dictated behaviour.
2. COMMIT (VERB): (समर्पित होना): devout
Synonyms: devoted, loyal
We are committed to the fundamental principles of democracy.
3. COUNTER (VERB): (विरोध करना): parry
Synonyms: answer, contradict
The possibility of the enemy being able to counter with similar missiles was remote.
4. ERSTWHILE (ADJECTIVE): (भूतपूर्व): former
Synonyms: old, past
The erstwhile president of the company died recently.
5. UNRELENTING (ADJECTIVE): (निरंतर): continual
Synonyms: constant, continuous
Everyone for him was an unrelenting opponent.
6. CONTENT (ADJECTIVE): (संतुष्ट): contented
Synonyms: satisfied, pleased
He seemed more content, less bitter.
7. CLAMOUR (NOUN): (कोलाहल): din
Synonyms: racket, uproar
The questions rose to a clamour.
8. PERFUNCTORY (ADJECTIVE): (असावधान): cursory
Synonyms: desultory, quick
He gave a perfunctory nod.
9. DISTRESS (NOUN): (संकट): anguish
Synonyms: suffering, pain
To his distress he saw that she was trembling
10. SENSELESS (ADJECTIVE): (बेहोश): pointless
Synonyms: futile, hopeless
It was as senseless as crossing Death Valley on foot.