Aadhaar is issued by the UIDAI to a resident of India, PAN is a 10-digit alphanumeric number allotted by the IT department to a person, firm or entity.
The Income Tax department has launched an ‘instant’ Aadhaar-based PAN allotment service for individuals seeking to obtain the unique identity for the first time.
PAN is a 10-digit alphanumeric number allotted by the I-T department to a person, firm or entity.
The new facility has been introduced in view of an increasing number of people applying to obtain the Permanent Account Number (PAN) for their financial and tax mater’s.
The service, which started on 29 June, is available only for limited period on a first-come-first serve basis. It’s free of cost. The applicant needs to have a valid Aadhaar number.
To apply for e-PAN, one needs to have an Aadhaar with an updated mobile number. An OTP is sent to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar, to conduct the e-KYC.
Here is the step by step guide on how to get instant e-PAN based on Aadhaar First you will have to log on to Incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. In the left hand side you will see below the tab there is an option ‘Instant e-PAN’ You will have to click that option Click “Apply instant e-PAN’ tab.
· You will see a form for applying instant e-PAN now fill in all the required details.
· A fresh new PAN will be allotted on the basis of a onetime password (OTP) sent over the “active mobile number” linked with the valid Aadhaar number of a person.
· The new PAN will have the same name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and address that is present in the individual’s Aadhaar.
· After completion of Aadhaar based verification system the PAN is allotted to an applicant, this process takes a few seconds.
· Applicant will be received the PAN card by post in few days.
Applicants do not need to provide any supporting documents such as date of birth and address proofs. e-Pan is generated using the details of information available in the Aadhaar database. However, one has to upload an image of one’s signature and a recent photograph in the prescribed format.