* Particularly vulnerable tribal groups (PVTGs) are the marginalized section of the Scheduled tribes of India.
* PVTG is not a Constitutional category, nor are these constitutionally recognized communities.
* It is a government of India classification created with the purpose of enabling improvement in the conditions of certain communities with particularly low development
* A separate category of PVTGs was constituted based on the recommendations of the Dhebar Commission in 1975.
* PVTGs are identified by the Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs based on the recommendations from the state governments or Union territories.
* The highest numbers of PVTGs are found in Odisha.
# Criteria for identifying PVTGs
* A pre-agriculture level of technology
* A stagnant or declining population;
* Extremely low literacy; and
* A subsistence level of the economy.
After ensuring the criteria is fulfilled, the Central Ministry selects those groups as PVTGs.