1) Which States Share Boundary with China?.
Ans: Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh states share boundary with China.
2) Which States Share Boundaries with Pakistan?
Ans: Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Gujarat states share boundaries with Pakistan.
3) Which Places in India Still Largely Speak Sanskrit?
Ans: Mattur, Karnataka, Jhiri, Madhya Pradesh, Hosahalli, Karnataka, Sasana, Orissa, Baghuwar, Madhya Pradesh, Ganoda, Rajasthan, Mohad, Madhya Pradesh – these places in India still largely speak Sanskrit.
4) Which state first elected a Woman as Governor?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh
5) What are the Popular Mountain Railway Toy Trains in India?
Ans: Popular Mountain Railway Toy Trains in India are given below.
A. Kalka-Shimla Railway, Himachal Pradesh
B. Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, West Bengal
C. Nilgiri Mountain Railway, Tamil Nadu
D. Matheran Hill Railway, Maharashtra
E. Kangra Valley Railway, Himachal Pradesh
6) Which is the Coldest Place in India?
Ans: Dras – Jammu and Kashmir
7) What are the Major Earthquakes, Tsunamis, and Floods Happened in India in the 21st Century?
Ans: The major Earthquakes, Tsunamis and Flood happened in India in 21st Century are given below.
A. 2001 Gujarat
B. 2004 Indian Ocean
C. 2008 Indian Floods
D. 2013 North India Floods
E. Kerala Floods in 2018
8) What Are the Major Ports in India?
Ans: The following are the major ports in India
A. Kandla Port
B. Paradip Port
C. Jawaharlal Nehru Port (JNPT)
D. Mumbai Port Trust
F. Port of Kolkata
G. Chennai Port
H. New Mangalore Port
I. Tuticorin Port Trust
J. Ennore Port
K. Cochin Port
L. Mormugao Port Trust
9) Which are the Largest and Smallest States in India in Terms of Area?
Ans: Largest State : Rajasthan; Smallest State : Goa
10) Which Was the Largest Empire in India?
Ans: The Maurya Empire
11) Which are the longest bridges in India- Road, Rail, and Rail-Road?
Ans: Longest Road Bridge: The Bhupen Hazarika Setu – 9.5 km
The longest rail bridge: Vembanad Rail Bridge – 4.62 km
The longest rail-road bridge: Bogibeel Bridge – 4.94 km
12) Which is the longest river of India – Ganges or Brahmaputra?
Ans: The Ganges is the longest river of India – 2,525 km (1569 miles)
Brahmaputra river – Total length of Brahmaputra is 3,848 km as per new findings (earlier length was estimated at 2,900 km). However, Brahmaputra flows only 916 km within India.
13) Which is the Biggest River Island of India?
Ans: Majuli – Dibrugarh, Assam is the biggest river island of India. – 352 square kilometers
14) Which State has the Highest Literacy Rate?
Ans: Kerala has the highest literacy rate in India – 72.99% as per 2011 census. As per 2011 census, the state of Kerala has the highest literacy rate at 94.00%. Male literacy rate in Kerala is 96.11% whereas female literacy rate is 92.07%.
15) Which State has given Maximum Presidents of India?
Ans: State of Tamil Nadu has given maximum number of Presidents.
S. Radhakrishnan, V.V.Giri, R. Venkatraman, APJ Abdul Kalam,
16) Which State has the Maximum Number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites?
Ans: Maharashtra has the maximum number (5) of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. They are given below.
Ajanta Caves (Aurangabad),
Ellora Caves (Aurangabad),
Elephanta Caves (Mumbai),
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus/Victoria Terminus (Mumbai) and
Western Ghats (Sahyadri sub-clusters).
17) How Many States Have Two-tier Legislature?
Ans: There are seven states in India having bicameral (two-tier) legislation. They are
Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Bihar, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir
18) Which State has the maximum number of Operational SEZs?
Ans: Tamil Nadu has the maximum number of operational SEZs –40 in all. Out of these, Chennai was one of the 7 SEZs set up by the Central Government prior to the enactment of SEZs Act 2005, whereas 4 other SEZs were set up by the state government/private sector prior to enactment of SEZs Act 2005. After the enactment, 35 more operational SEZs have been notified under SEZs Act 2005.
19) Which State has biggest Coal Reserve?
Ans: Jharkhand has the biggest coal Reserve.
Jharkhand tops the list of coal reserve with an estimated reserve of 80,716 million tonnes. Jharia Mines in Dhanbad district is one of the main coal mines of the state. Magadh mines in Chatra district is expected to be Asia’s biggest coal mine by 2019-20.
20) Which State is biggest Sugarcane producer?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh is the largest producer of sugarcane.
Uttar Pradesh is the largest producer of sugarcane as it produces an estimated 145.39 million tonnes of sugarcane, which is 41.28% of the all-India production. Sugarcane crop is sown in an area of 2.17 million hectares in the state, which amounts to 43.79% share of all-India sugarcane farming.
21) Which State shares its boundaries with maximum states?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh shares its boundaries with maximum states.
22) Which State has the longest coastline in India?
Ans: Gujarat has the longest mainland coastline in India.
23) Which is the longest River of Peninsular India?
Ans: Godavari is the longest river of peninsular India.
24) Which is the tallest peak of peninsular India?
Ans: Anaimudi is the highest peak of peninsular India.
25) Which is the tallest peak in India?
Ans: Mount K2, located in Jammu and Kashmir and also known as Godwin-Austen, is the highest peak of India.
26) Which is the Largest lake of India?
Ans: Chilka Lake (Odisha) is the largest lake of India.
27) Which State is the Largest Tea producer?
Ans: Assam is the largest producer of tea in India
28) Which State is the Largest Mica Producer?
Ans: Andhra Pradesh is the largest producer of mica in India.
29) Which is the Wettest Place in India – Cherrapunji or Mawsynram?
Ans: Mawsynram is the wettest place in India. Mawsynram is arguably the wettest place on earth with an average annual rainfall of 11,872 millimeters. Cherrapunji receives an average annual rainfall of 11,777 millimeters.
30) Which State is Biggest Rice Producer?
Ans: West Bengal is the largest producer of rice in India.