About Voter Id
The Voter ID card is an essential document that can help to establish one’s nationality and citizenship of India.
The voter ID card is issued by the Election Commission of India. It serves primarily as an identity proof for citizens while casting their votes.
It can also be used as an identity proof, address proof, and age proof for all other purposes such as applying for a passport, SIM card, electricity connection, etc. The voter ID card is also known as Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC).
It contains the voter ID number that is unique to every cardholder.
Eligibility to apply for voter ID card
· Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
· Applicant must have a permanent address
· Applicant must be enrolled in the voter list
Documents required to applying for voter ID card
· Age Proof
· SSLC / SSC Marks Sheet
· Birth Certificate
· Latest Passport Sized Photograph
· Driving License
· Address proof
· Ration card
· Telephone bill or Electricity bill
How to apply Voter ID card online?
Get ready with all the documents that are required for submission along with the Form 6.
· Select the option Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC. Then it opens Form no 6.
· Fill-up the online Form no 6 form carefully by providing the relevant details such as your name, age, address, etc. Paste your photo in the space provided for the same and signature the completed. Then click on Submit button then you will receive a temporary username and password to proceed further.
· Then Election Commission will verify the information provided by you in the registration form. This process will take some time.
An Electoral Registration officer will visit your place. Once he or she confirms all the details and all official formalities are finished, your voter ID card will be created.
You will receive your Voter ID card by post within a few months.
Note: One applicant can fill only one registration form for voter ID. If there is any difficulty in submitting the Form no. 6 online, you can take a print out of the form and submit it to your nearest Electoral office.