|Suez Canal||1. It is an artificial sea-level waterway (192 km long) in Egypt.|
2. It connects the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea.
3. It was opened in November 1869.
4. It reduces the need to navigate around Africa to ship transport between Europe and eastern Asia.
|Panama Canal||1. This is a ship canal in Panama that connects the Atlantic Ocean (via the Caribbean Sea) to the Pacific Ocean.|
2. It is 77 km in length.
|Kiel Canal||1. Kiel Canal passes through the German province of Schleswig-Holstein.|
2. It connects the Baltic Sea with the North Sea.
3. It is 98 km in length.
|Grand Canal||1. It is also known as the Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal.|
2. It is the longest canal or artificial river in the world.
3. It connects the Yellow River and Yangtze River.
4. It is 1,776 km in length.
|Ten Degree Channel||1. It is a channel that separates the Andaman Islands from the Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal.|
2. The Channel is approximately 150 km wide.
3. It lies on the 10-degree line of latitude, north of the Equator, hence so named.