31) Which state has the Highest Crude Birth Rate?
Ans: Bihar has the highest crude birth rate in India.
32) How many Landlocked States do not have an International Boundary?
Ans: In India there are 20 landlocked states, of these five do not have an international boundary.
Five landlocked states which do not have an international boundary are Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh and Telangana
33) Which State is the Largest Producer of Tomatoes in India?
Ans: Andhra Pradesh is the largest producer of tomatoes in India.
34) Which State is biggest Jute producer?
Ans: West Bengal is the largest producer of jute in India.
35) Which cities in India have the metro railway system?
Ans: The Metro railway system and service are operational in 10 cities in India. These are Kolkata, Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram, Mumbai, Chennai, Jaipur, Kochi, Hyderabad, and Lucknow.
36) Which states in India have less population than Delhi?
Ans: The union territory of Lakshadweep has the lowest population in India followed by Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli. States like Himachal, Uttarakhand and Jammu & Kashmir also have less population than Delhi.
37) Which State Has Given the Highest Number of Prime Ministers?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh has given India the maximum number of Prime Ministers. There have been 14 Prime Ministers of the country so far, and eight of them have been from Uttar Pradesh (UP).
38) How many states are there in India?
Ans: There are 29 states and 7 union territories in India. The states have their own government while the union territories are governed by the central government.
39) Which states have maximum number of large dams in India?
Ans: The state of Maharashtra tops the list of the highest number of large dams in India as per the data of National Register of Large Dam (NRLD) of 2017. It had 2354 dams during the year 2017 in which 285 dams were under construction.
40) which are the most polluted cities in india?
Ans: The worst polluted Indian city is Kanpur followed by Faridabad, Gaya, and Varanasi. Other cities with high levels of PM2.5 pollutants are Faridabad, Gaya, Patna, Agra, Muzaffarpur, Srinagar, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Patiala and Jodhpur.
41) Which state of India has given maximum number of Indian cricket captains?
Ans: The state of Maharashtra has seen the maximum number of players went onto represent India. Sachin Tendulkar, Ravi Shastri, Dilip Vengsarkar, Sunil Gavaskar, Ajit Laxman Wadekar, Polly Umrigar, C. K. Nayudu, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Madhukar Rahane
42) Which state produces maximum amount of cotton in India?
Ans: Gujarat has topped the list with a production of 125 Lakh Bales.
43) Which state in India is called the “land of five rivers”?
Ans: The Indian state of Punjab is called the “land of five rivers”.
44) Which state in India has its own constitution?
Ans: Jammu and Kashmir is the only Indian state which has its own constitution.
45) Which state in India is the largest producer of milk?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh has the highest buffalo population in the country and the second highest cattle population. Uttar Pradesh produced 27770 thousand tonnes of milk.
46) Which Indian state has the maximum number of major ports?
Ans: The state of Tamil Nadu, with 3 major ports stands on the top in the list of states with the maximum number of major ports in India
47) Which is the largest wool producing state in India?
Ans: The state which produces the largest amount of wool is Rajasthan
48)Which Indian state is the largest producer of bauxite?
Ans: The state of Odisha is the largest producer of bauxite in India.
49) Which Indian city is famously known as the “Manchester City of India”?
Ans: The city of Ahmadabad in the Gujarat state is famously known as the “Manchester City of India”.
50) Which is the longest National Highway in India?
Ans: National Highway 44 (NH 44) is the longest-running National Highway in India. It is 3,745 km long and covers the North-South Corridor of NHDP. It starts from Srinagar in the north and ends in Kanyakumari in the south. NH-44 was laid and is maintained by Central Public Works Department (CPWD).
51) Which Indian state is the largest producer of silk?
Ans: Karnataka is the largest producer of silk in India. The state produces an average of around 8,200 metric tonnes of silk every year, which is about one-third of the total silk production in India.
52) Which is India’s poorest state?
Ans: Bihar is India’s poorest state with 43 percent incidence of Multidimensional Poverty (MDP) and having more than 50% households in the bottom wealth quintile.
53) Which state is the largest producer of uranium in India?
Ans: The state of Andhra Pradesh is the largest producer of uranium in India.
54) Which Indian state produces the maximum wind power?
Ans: Tamil Nadu produces almost 29 percent of wind power in India, which is the highest among the states engaged in the generation of wind power.
55) Which Indian state is the largest producer of diamonds?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh is the only state with a diamond mine in the country as well as in Asia. During the year 2017-18, Madhya Pradesh has produced 28,424 carats of diamonds
56) Which Indian state is called the “Cradle of Indian Banking”?
Ans: The state of Karnataka is called the “Cradle of Indian Banking”. This state had given rise to India’s seven leading banks like Canara Bank, Corporation Bank, State Bank of Mysore, Karnataka Bank, Syndicate Bank, Vysya Bank, and Vijaya Bank.
57) Which city in India is called “Temple City of India”?
Ans: Bhubaneshwar, the capital of Odisha, is an Indian city commonly known as the “Temple City of India“. The word Bhubaneshwar literally means the ‘God’s World’ and the city exhibits temple architecture down the centuries.
58) Which Indian cities have been renamed since 1947?
Ans: The following Indian cities have been renamed since 1947.
Gurgaon to Gurugram in 2016,
Bangalore to Bengaluru in 2014,
Mysore to Mysuru in 2014,
Mangalore to Mangaluru in 2014,
Pondicherry to Puducherry in 2006,
Calcutta to Kolkata in 2001,
Baroda to Vadodara in 1974,
Bombay to Mumbai in 1996,
Madras to Chennai in 1996,
Cochin to Kochi in 1996,
Poona to Pune in 1978,
Gauhati to Guwahati in 1983,
Benaras to Varanasi in 1956,
Trivandrum to Thiruvananthapuram in 1991,
Waltair to Vishakhapatnam in 1987,
Panjim to Panaji in 1961,
Simla to Shimla,
Calicut to Kozhikode.
59) Which state is the largest producer of bamboo in India?
Ans: Assam produces the maximum amount of bamboo in India as most of its forests are throbbing with bamboo plantation of various species.
60) What is the highest waterfall in India?
Ans: Formed by the river Varahi, Kunchikal Falls is the highest waterfall in India. Located near the Shivamogga district of Karnataka, it falls through a height of 455 metres on rocky boulders – carving a very beautiful sight.
61) Which is the World’s Only Floating National Park?
Ans: The Keibul Lamjao National Park is the one and only floating national park in the world. It is located in the Indian state of Manipur’s Bishnupur district. Spread across 40 sq. km, it forms an essential part of Loktak Lake.
62) Which is the Largest International Airport in India?
Ans: The largest International Airport in India is Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Shamshabad (Hyderabad), which spans 5,495 acres.